Natural colorants are an excellent choice for coloring your sugar confectionery, also known as “panning”. This process involves coating a hard candy with a thin layer of sugar-based or other edible coating. This technique is often used to create attractive, colorful candies that are perfect for special occasions or as an anytime snack.
If you are looking to use natural ingredients to make your panning, there are several options available to you. Here are some natural dyes you can use to color your confectionery:
- Beet Powder: Beetroot powder is made from dried and ground beets and can be used to add a pink or red color to your confectionery.
- Curcuma: Curcuma is a spice commonly used in Indian and Middle Eastern cuisine. It can be used to add a yellow or orange color to your confectionery.
- Chlorophyll: Chlorophyll dye is a type of dye obtained from the leaves of certain plants. It can be used to add a bright green color to your confectionery.
- Annatto: Extracted from annatto seeds, it is one of the most widely used natural dyes in the world due to its potent level of coloring. It can be used to add a yellow and/or orange color.
- Carmine: This colorant obtained from cochineal is one of the preferred colorants to add red color due to its processing characteristics, highly resistant to heat and light exposure.
These are just a few examples of the natural dyes you can use to color your “sugar buns”. Choose the right colorants and get the perfect color for your product.
At IMBAREX we have a portfolio of natural colorants perfect for use in all kinds of products. Contact us here so that our group of experts can help you with the choice of the right colorant for your product.